Inner King Training Experience mini-course: Crowning Your Inner King
Lesson 5: Experience Joy Effortlessly and Consistently by "Cleaning Up" Your Relationship With Your Highest Ideal
In this lesson we'll explore how to clarify your connection with your higher power and how your love for others may actually get in the way of that connection.
As you saw in Lesson 2, love can be a problem and also a solution. Everything you hang on to, all your problems and difficulties, can be seen as a way of loving someone from your past.
So let’s look at how this relates to the way you view your higher power (or whatever it is you hold up as your highest ideal). Whatever word or words you use for this "highest ideal" is up to you. Some men call it their "Higher Power," some their "Inner Blessing Current," or "Great Spirit," or "Poetry of the Universe," or "Higher Self," or countless other names. We don't care what you call it, as long as you use the name that works for you.
As a little child, your parents (or your important care-givers) were all-powerful. Your life literally depended on them. At that stage of life you could honestly say that your parent-figures are your "gods." There's really no other option.
As you grow up, you refine your model of a higher power based on what you learn from your parents--usually based on their beliefs, or based on a rejection of their beliefs.
If you think about your higher power (or highest ideal), you might feel like it is blessing you. And you also might feel like it is criticizing you in some way, perhaps like your parents did.
You might hear, “You are doing OK, but if you would only try a little harder you might get even better,” or “Life is tough, suck it up and move on.”
At the Inner King Training Experience, we believe these voices from your higher power may sometimes be a voice of someone that you love very deeply—even if they were critical of you. In fact, we've seen again and again that people put the voices of their loved ones in the place of their higher power as a way of never loosing connection and love.
It's as if you "look up" to your higher power, but can't see it clearly, because you've also put the criticizing voice of someone you loved in the way of your blessing.
At the Inner King Training Experience we spend an entire day on "cleaning up" this circuit with your higher power. We don't tell you what it "ought to" be like—but we do give you the opportunity to discover exactly how you have it arranged now, and to decide if you want to keep it that way.
You can get a useful taste of it through this visualization:
1) See the "movie of your life," and find a recurring issue, dilemma, or painful dynamic that has bothered you.
2) Once you are clear about the dilemma, imagine that you are seeing your higher power looking at you. Try to sense what your higher power would feel and think seeing you with this dilemma. What message would you be getting from that place? What does this higher power think of a man who has this issue or dilemma?
Be honest about this. Most people initially hear a negative voice, a shaming voice, or a "advising" voice (ie, "You just need to work harder!"). It's important to let this negative voice come into focus for you.
3) If you are still not clear about the message, actually physically can step into your best sense of where that "Higher Power" energy is in the room. Look at yourself, with the dilemma, from this point of view, and discover what you are guided to say.
4) Listen closely to what is being said. If this is not the message of your “real” higher power, then where might you have heard this message before? Where might you have learned this message? Who might this voice actually be?
5) If you are willing, simply honor that person as someone that you love deeply—after all, you did put them in the place of your highest ideal—and take them down from that place with the same love you used to put them up there.
6) Now, if you are willing to take the risk, evoke your clear higher power—the voice "behind" that shaming voice—and allow it to speak. Take whatever blessing it gives.
On your Inner King TrainingExperience you'll experience this process firsthand, with expert facilitation and at significant depth.
Here's what certified New Warrior Leader Doug Gilmore said about the blessing he got at the training:
"The Inner King Training took me to a place I had never been before. I discovered why my life had to be exactly as it has been in order for me to give the blessings that only I could give. I am forever enlightened and grateful."
In the next lesson, you'll see the easy way to live your mission more effectively with less effort…simply by being yourself.